Year 11 Parents Evening – 13th January
Due to the current situation in relation to COVID, we intend to carry out a ‘virtual’ parents evening using our Google Meet system. This will take place on Thursday January 13th 2022 between 4.15pm and 7.15pm.
- All students will be invited to a calendared video call using their Logic Google account at a set time with each of their subject teachers.
- Students should discuss with their parents which times you can both be available to take part in meetings.
- Ideally, students should make their appointments within a 30-60 minute period to avoid having to remain online for the entire evening.
- We ask that parents sit with their child during these virtual meetings, as they normally would for ‘in person’ parents’ evenings.
- Appointment times will be for 5 minutes per student, per subject teacher. It is vital that students log on at the correct time as staff will have multiple appointments throughout the evening and will not be able to catch up with late arrivals.
- You will receive your child’s report at the start of next year. Please ensure you have this to hand when you speak to their teachers. A further copy will be given to students on the day of the parents evening.
- Updates on BTEC subjects (Creative Media and Business) will be done through a report card of their status, as these courses will be completed in January 2022. This will accompany your child’s report which will be sent home prior to Parent’s Evening. Should you wish to discuss any issues with teachers please contact firstname.lastname@example.org (Creative Media) or email@example.com (Business).
If you would prefer to arrange an alternative type of appointment, or if you would like to arrange your Google Meet appointment yourself rather than through your child, please contact Mrs Llewellyn the ACO for Year 11 via email on firstname.lastname@example.org or Mr Palmer on email@example.com
This will be an excellent opportunity to discuss your child’s progress and more importantly, look at how we are planning to support your child with their Summer exams. We really value these opportunities to talk with you as we know that working together makes a huge difference in supporting student progress.