Over the weekend the government announced increased measures to deal with a new variant of COVID, Omicron. Currently these measures extend to:
- the tightening of PCR testing for all arrivals to the UK and self-isolation until a negative result is seen,
- 10 day isolation for all close contacts of individuals identified as having the Omicron variant, and
- an expansion of the booster programme.
Schools are being asked to increase measures to prevent the spread of COVID. In our setting this means:
- students, staff and visitors to wear face coverings in communal areas and when moving around inside the building (we will provide masks to those that need them),
- the continuation of twice weekly lateral flow testing (available from us), and
- a reminder of the importance of basic hygiene, specifically around hand washing.
We will continue to keep these measures under review.
A reminder that details on our remote learning provision can be found here.