Year 11 Summer 2
As a parent/carer of a Year 11 student I wanted to write to you to make sure that you were informed about key upcoming dates.
If you have any queries about this please email me and I can reply or give you a call to discuss.
- Ongoing distance learning – weeks commencing 22nd June and 5th July
- We have almost completed our first set of online lessons to prepare students for their Year 12 studies. We will do this twice more, during the weeks commencing 22nd June and 5th July. This will be specifically for the subjects that the student has chosen and will also be supported by online work for them to complete. If your student would like to sign up for additional classes or is having any other issues, please get in touch with me or ask them to liaise with me directly.
- Leavers’ Assembly – 25th June
- Regrettably Prom and a face-to-face Leavers’ Assembly are not logistically possible under current circumstances, but we will be doing an online Leavers’ Assembly on Thursday 25th June at 2pm. This will be a chance to give out some awards and look back on highlights from the last two years. All Year 11 students have received an online invitation to attend.
- Results Day – 20th August
- We are intending to hold this face-to-face, to allow students to discuss their Year 12 options after receiving results. As per government guidance these are based on teacher assessments, but unfortunately we cannot share grades until they have been ratified and formally released. We will be in touch nearer the time to arrange appointments for the collection of results. If you require any further information then please get in touch or there is detailed guidance here: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/awarding-qualifications-in-summer-2020