Head of History
Are you interested in challenging the status quo? Interested in a role which is so much more than producing SOWs and intervention lists? The position of the Head of History presents a unique opportunity to influence the design of a learning environment, curriculum and organisation. You will sit on the wider leadership team to ensure that Logic Studio School offers the highest quality education with the most successful outcomes. You will be innovative. You will be inspirational.
Logic Studio School will offer an academically rigorous but relevant curriculum, connections with our industry partners and a small school approach. We will do things differently and give students what they really need: specialised workplace skills, high levels of business literacy and numeracy and a readiness to enter industry.
Logic Studio School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Applicants for the post must be willing to undergo child protection screening, including reference checks with previous employers and a criminal record check with the Disclosure and Barring Service.
For further information please contact - firstname.lastname@example.org (Principal, Logic Studio School).
Contract start date: September 2020
Applications submitted by: noon Monday 17th February 2020
Successful candidates informed: soon after application
Interviews: according to application
Salary: Outer London MPS/UPS (£28,355 - £44,541) + TLR to be negotiated
Contract type: Full-time or flexible working hours
Contract term: Permanent
We’ve got a really clear idea about the type of teachers we’d like to join our team. We know there is a recruitment crisis right now, but that doesn’t mean we’ll just settle for anyone we can get.
So, we aren’t looking for people who:
- like things to be the way they’ve always been
- prefer to debate educational policy or how education is going to pot without actually wanting to be a part of changing things for the better
- think that keeping up with technology and teaching practices are a chore
- believe that knowledge should be taught through rote, and that fact based learning is the only/best way to educate a child.
- are scared by the phrase ‘fail and fail better’. Because of course we will, at some point fail, but if we never fail then we haven’t been pushing ourselves enough to improve the education on offer.
We REALLY want people who
- believe it’s a schools responsibly to prepare students for their lives - not just for exam
- want to be in a school which will openly question why we are doing what we are doing and how do we do it better
- you have an itch that you just can’t scratch in your current job, that you want to be part of something new that’ll make a massive difference to students’ lives
- are up for change, challenge and direct communication
- are horrified about the number of NEETS in this country and want to do something about it
- don’t find the phraseology or approach of this ‘rules of application’ to be abhorrent, indeed, you find it a bit refreshing and it piques your interest. If so, then please apply – I definitely want you on the Logic team.
Our culture is one of aspiration, progression and innovation.
We think differently; take our school day as an example. Our later start of 9:20am for students allows our staff time to plan in the morning, whilst they are fresh. It also responds to the adolescent brain, which is more alert later in the morning.
Staff meetings take place in the morning; developing our staff is always a priority, it is only right that this takes place at the start of the day, free from the distractions and fatigue of the school day.
Directed time finishes at 1:50pm every Friday and starts at 8:50am on Monday allowing you to make the most of your weekend.
We offer genuine support and guidance to our staff, after all, you are our most important resource.
Department offices, assigned classrooms, staff laptops, cloud technology; we do our utmost to make your job work for your benefit.
We hold the highest aspirations for staff and students alike. Support is given to increase your impact through high quality and well planned professional development. Benefit is gained from opportunities across our Trust, Hounslow Education Partnership and our local teaching alliance.
You know the difference a good teacher can make to a child's future and are determined that their socio-economic background will not dictate this.
You believe that establishing strong relationships with students supports their personal development and preparedness to learn.
You work collaboratively and understand that we achieve more working together.
You have a relentless focus on the development of your classroom practice and welcome coaching and support.