Consultation on times of the school day
This consultation is now closed. We shall post our response soon.
Research and progressive thinking suggests that students are more alert and receptive to learning at 10am.
- In response to current research we are looking to push back the start of the school day for students until 9:10.
- Our current school day means that students are kept on site until 16:40 at the latest. We do not propose keeping students on site later than this.
- Assemblies would take place at the end of the day to finish on a high.
- The school day would finish at 16:40 on Tuesday & Thursday, 16:00 on Monday & Wednesday and 13:40 on Friday.
- Students will still receive 28 periods of taught lessons each week as they do currently.
- This change is not a motivated by finance.
|09:10||09:20||Registration & Notices||Registration & Notices||Registration & Notices||Registration & Notices|
|09:20||10:00||PREP 40||PREP 40||PREP 40||PREP 40|
|10:00||10:50||Lesson 50||Lesson 50||Lesson 50||Lesson 50|
|11:10||12:00||Lesson 50||Lesson 50||Lesson 50||Lesson 50|
|12:00||12:50||Lesson 50||Lesson 50||Lesson 50||Lesson 50|
|13:30||14:20||Lesson 50||Lesson 50||Lesson 50||Lesson 50|
|14:20||15:10||Lesson 50||Lesson 50||Lesson 50||Lesson 50|
|15:10||16:00||Lesson 50||Lesson 50||Lesson 50||Lesson 50|
|09:10||09:20||Registration & Notices|