Why is Logic right for you?
Our culture is one of aspiration, progression and innovation. From the very beginning, we will all be responsible for developing it. As we strive to become the most innovative school in the country you will be supported in trying new things and taking risks to improve the chances of our students.
However at Logic we also know that we will only achieve this aim if we look after you as well as we will look after our students.
We are committed to the following:
- Flexibility: in addition to usual holidays you will benefit from an early finish every Friday, 3 long weekends throughout the year and 2 days of flexible holidays to be taken at any time throughout the year. Weddings? Cheap flights? You’ve got it.
- Realistic Accountability: We have the highest expectations but remain flexible by removing unnecessary checklists by allowing you to do your job in a style that suits you. You will not see Logic lesson proformas, over-burdensome marking expectations or meetings for meetings sake. Instead expect streamlined reporting, assessment, and flexible working arrangements.
- Genuine support: Happy schools have happy teachers and happy and healthy teachers make happy schools. This involves listening to you carefully and also promoting time to create genuine collegiality. Our early finish every Friday means there will also be a host of social events.
- Time: The biggest impact on progress is simple – good teaching and learning. Everything else is just peripheral. We will give you time to do this with a reduced teaching timetable and increased time to develop what matters the most.
Unrealistic workload expectation mean that more teachers than ever are leaving the profession. Good graduates are shying away from teaching. Logic will challenge this with:
- A longer day. We will finish at 5pm, but there will be no expectation on you working in the evening. You will be given the time to do your day job exactly as it says on the tin. In the day.
- Logic’s payscales benefit from the Outer London uplift and also a £1000 recruitment incentive to help with your transition costs.
- You will make a real difference to young people that really need your help. Job satisfaction doesn’t come any clearer than that.
We are ambitious for our community. This means our students AND our staff. We want you to become a future educational leader and it is our responsibility to help you make this happen.
- Advancement opportunities: when applying for future jobs you need to show experience and impact. We will give this opportunity to our staff with termly SLT secondment opportunities.
- Professional development: Logic’s CPD budget is generous! We commit to spending at least 50% more on your development than the average secondary school. Every year.
- Coaching and mentoring – each member of our staff can chose to be coached and mentored by a member of staff across the MAT or one of our Industry Partners, allowing you to develop skills, career goals in areas of most interest to you.
- We are situated in Browell’s Lane in Feltham. This is very accessible by car with ample parking and located conveniently off the A316, M3 and M4.
- We are just a short walk (8 minutes) from Feltham mainline station (Zone 6). There are 6 trains an hour to central London with fast trains to Clapham Junction (19 minutes) and London Waterloo (29 minutes).
- Bike to work scheme