Calling all teachers who are looking for a new challenge. We’re currently recruiting numerous positions including a Head of Computing and a Vice Principal, and will shortly be posting the positions of Head of Maths and Head of English.
We’ve got a really clear idea about the type of teachers we’d like to join our team. We know there is a recruitment crisis right now, but that doesn’t mean we’ll just settle for anyone we can get.
So, we aren’t looking for people who:
· like things to be the way they’ve always been
· prefer to debate educational policy or how education is going to pot without actually wanting to be a part of changing things for the better
· think that keeping up with technology and teaching practices are a chore
· believe that knowledge should be taught through rote, and that fact based learning is the only/best way to educate a child.
· are scared by the phrase ‘fail and fail better’. Because of course we will, at some point fail, but if we never fail then we haven’t been pushing ourselves enough to improve the education on offer.
We REALLY want people who
· believe it’s a school’s responsibility to prepare students for their lives - not just
· want to be in a school which will openly question why we are doing what we are doing and how do we do it better
· you have an itch that you just can’t scratch in your current job, that you want to be part of something new that’ll make a massive difference to students’ lives
· are up for change, challenge and direct communication
· are horrified about the number of NEETS in this country and want to do something
· don’t find the phraseology or approach of this ‘rules of application’ to be abhorrent, indeed, you find it a bit refreshing, and it piques your interest. If so, then please apply – I definitely want you on the Logic team.